Monday, November 3, 2008
Celebrate Good Times, C'Mon!!!
There's a party going on right here!! A celebration to last throughout the year. So bring your good times and your laughter too. We're gonna celebrate a win over you. C'mon now...Celebrate our win, C'mon!!! Wa-hoo!!!
As you can imagine, the aura around our house is quite light and fun after a steamrolling of Georgia this year!! And while Bo has put a kibosh on all the fun I could have had with our big win, I can at least write about all the things I have observed this year and all the things I wanted to do, but didn't. So...here is my list of vicarious fun!!
1. I learned that Gary Danielson must have graduated from UGA because he defended their losing rear ends to the bitter end. Someday Erin Andrews will broadcast from the booth and we'll get to hear about how awesome the Gators are even when we're losing by 30+ points.
2. I learned the AJC has absolutely NO IDEA what it means to write about a good football team. They can never decide if Georgia is good or bad and there is never any cohesion in writer's opinions from day to day when a big game is at stake. Jeff Schultz tops that list...
3. I learned you really don't want to be the team to upset Urban Meyer because you will pay for it bitterly...and legally...when it returns to bite you in the rear.
4. I learned that it is so much fun to play and win with passion and confidence after a year of listening to those friggin' fans squawk about their "big" win last year. 3 in the last 19, really. I guess they have to celebrate when they can.
5. I wished I could have set up my big 8 foot Gator in the middle of my neighbor's yards and pasted 1000 score card copies all over their cars and houses, silly strung their bushes and trees orange and blue, and spray painted the final score in orange on their grass for payback from last year. It sure would have been nice to hand deliver the AJC that morning!!
6. I hope my neighbors remember (years to come, of course) that I DIDN'T do it. Because we've been there before.
7. I learned that defense wins you games, but it sure is fun to watch an awesome offense!!
I'm sure there are plenty of fun things I have left off my list, but that's what I have so far. I'd love for you to chime in with your own additions to the list if you have any. Looking forward to an awesome year of celebrating!!! GO GATORS!!!