You can kiss your family good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.
~ Frederick Buechner

Allyssa Brynn

Kelsey Leigh

Andrew Lee

Sunday, June 14, 2009

You Deserve this Award!!

So, my sister sent me an award for my blog. It came from a friend of hers and I thought I might pass it along to some of my favorite reads.

The "Love Ya" Award states: These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.

Without further ado, here are my award recipients.

1. Jackie Blum of In Full Blum - She's my sister, need I say more??? In all seriousness, Jackie's blogs are the perfect expression of emotion through words. She has a degree in Public Relations from UF, but writing is her true calling. No matter what her posts are about, there is an emotional element to them that tugs at my heart. She writes how I feel and how I wish I could write about my life happenings. Love ya dudette!!

2. Kristi Meldrum of The Meldrum Family - I have to be careful how I describe Kristi's blog because her situation is very special. And since this is an on-line posting, I am wary of how I describe this incredible woman and her family. They live in a world where Je..sus and G/od cannot be discussed openly. They have risked their lives (and continue to do so) to go to a country and fight for the sou..ls of those who have not found Ch/./ri-st. And, because of their sacrifice, any posting, letters, descriptions of them, to them, or from them, have to be broken up with hyphens, colons, etc. to protect them. They even have secure, encrypted e-mail accounts to communicate with people they know. Please take the time to click on her blog and see the amazing story of their new life with 3 kids in a country they believe the so-u/ls are worth fighting for. Their sacrifice is incredible and inspiring.

3. Michelle Robbins of Welcome to the Robbinsnest - Michelle is one of my closest, dearest friends and we have known each other for almost 10 years now. I have no idea where that time has gone, but we have lots of memories together to fill that 10 years. I know, even if we havn't seen or talked to each other in awhile, we can always pick right back up where we left off at a moment's notice. And, it helps that she lives next door to me!! We both lead very busy lives and that's why she deserves this award. Even though she doesn't have the time to blog as much as she would like, it's because she is busy working at school, doing the afterschool program, tutoring or taking care of her family. The new quote above her bed reads "We may not have it all together, but together we have it all." And in this day and age, that's alot!! Here's to you, friend!!!

1 comment:

  1. bonnie...just catching up on your life and reading all your posts. how wonderful it all looks...i just saw your post about my blog too. you have been so supportive and kind all the way through! i am so thankful for you and all the encouragement you bring. i know you are fighting the good fight there too! we just pulled your family card this morning to pr.y for you today! annie and i relived some fun times with Ally and we brought her apron you made her as well...thank you is not enough, but you are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete