You can kiss your family good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.
~ Frederick Buechner

Allyssa Brynn

Kelsey Leigh

Andrew Lee

Thursday, May 27, 2010

The End of an Era

Today is the day that it becomes official. Today is the day I look in to my little boy's eyes and am thankful we didn't do it a few years ago. Today is the day I count my blessings in the 3 beautiful children I have and rejoice in their health, happiness, and love. Today is the day I know my age is real, that I am getting older, that certain milestones have come and gone. Today is the day I realize we don't attend weddings for friends anymore because we are all married. Today is the day I realize we don't attend baby showers any more because we all have complete families. Today is the day reality smacks me in the face and I understand that my childbearing years are over.
And although I am very aware that we have no room in this house, no room in our budget for another little face around here, the thought of it ending is still quite sad. Even though my heart hurts at this thought, my mind tells me to look to the future...to the baseball games, the dance recitals, the family vacations, the important milestones we haven't reached yet and be glad in them...enjoy them. Because, we might not be able to bring another child in to this world, but we have so much to look forward to with the ones we have!!

No comments:

Post a Comment