You can kiss your family good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.
~ Frederick Buechner

Allyssa Brynn

Kelsey Leigh

Andrew Lee

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Ally!!!


It was 11:00 PM on May 5, 2003 when we rushed to the hospital in anticipation of our first baby girl. She was our first, so we knew we had a long night in front of us...hours of labor, we were sure. We arrived at the hospital, checked in to A3 and got ourselves situated. The nurse checked me and we were at 5 cm and completely effaced. I tried everything I could to stay calm during the contractions, but they were coming hard and close. So hard I couldn't sit in the bed with the monitors on me. The nurse was kind enough to stand with me and hold the monitors on my belly because I wasn't getting an epidural without some sort of steady reading on the baby. After only a few hours, I finally got the epidural at 2:30 AM and making it to 9 cm on my own. I got an hour of rest and at 3:30 AM on May 6th, Allyssa Brynn had arrived in the world weighing 5 lbs. 12 oz. and a whopping 21 inches long. And, we have been proud parents ever since.

We love you Ally!! We are so proud of the little girl you are and what a great big sister you have become. May you have many more happy, healthy years ahead of you!! Happy Birthday Sweetie!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment