You can kiss your family good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.
~ Frederick Buechner

Allyssa Brynn

Kelsey Leigh

Andrew Lee

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Six Years of Love

What Do I Remember Most of Ally's First Six Years???

Very quick labor...Reflux, oh the reflux...2 days in the hospital for Rotovirus and stitches one week later for a busted chin at the ripe age of 23 months...Counting more bad days than good when we first came home and reflux was taking hold...A beach themed 1st birthday party where we "swim in our clothes"...The first day of pre-school...Dance recitals...The first day of Kindergarten...Going to the Braves game when she was 3 weeks old...Trips to the pumpkin patch...Going to Disney and meeting Cinderella for the first time...Losing her first 2 teeth...Spending a white Christmas in the Rocky Mountains and sledding and making snow angels on Christmas morning...Bringing Kelsey and Drew home to a big sister...Learning to write our name..."DoubleDew (W) and "Bargage" (Garbage)...Twirly Dresses...Night Terrors...Playing with Hannah in the Cul-De-Sac on the little blue push car...3 hour family nap time...Apple Picking...Tweetsie Railroad...Trips to the zoo and the aquarium...A trip to SeaWorld to see Shamu...Slumber Parties on the living room floor with mom and dad...Tons of friends who live close enough to call out the window to...Grant Seafood Festival...A week in Phoenix visiting Greatest Aunt Mary and Bob...Hugs, Kisses, and I Love Yous!!

Do you have any to share???

4 comments:

  1. JULIE CLARK!!! How everything that didn't work needed batteries. I will let you know if I think of more...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you pud... dancing like her daddy with her lips all puckered to the "I Know my Shapes" song.

    P.S. I will forever feel terrible for suggesting the Braves game at 3 weeks old. I didn't have kids, so I didn't know the trouble it caused. Now that I do, I think you deserve a medal for that night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe I forgot to mention Julie Clark and the batteries. Thanks for brightening my day!!! And, the Braves game was no big deal...it was a learning experience and I'd do it again in a heartbeat. I mean we're going to Disney...FOR A WEEK...IN THE SUMMER...WITH A 3 MONTH OLD. I must desire challenges!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember listening to Hannah and Ally in the monitors while we played cards downstairs and the one time we spied on them with the video feed until the were doing flips off the bed and we ran upstairs in a second. I am pretty sure since they are only 6 that there will many more moments like these.

    ReplyDelete