You can kiss your family good-bye and put miles between you, but at the same time you carry them with you in your heart, your mind, your stomach, because you do not just live in a world, but a world lives in you.
~ Frederick Buechner

Allyssa Brynn

Kelsey Leigh

Andrew Lee

Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

"There is no friendship, no love, like that of a mother for her child."

I have been thinking about this post for several weeks now. I wanted to write about something "profound and motherly", so I've tried to remember past Mother's Days and what we've done to celebrate them. My first Mother's Day was literally hours after I got home from the hospital with Ally...a very special day, but one filled with angst about reflux and sleepless nights. Two years later, we spent Mother's Day at Lake Harmony awaiting the arrival off Kelsey Leigh, which happened 1 week later. The other Mother's Days that we have shared have been nice, but I remember those 2 specifically because they were major instances in my life as a mom. One as a new mom struggling to work things through and one as a mom who was moving in to a new house and a new phase of life as a mom of two girls.

This Mother's Day promises to be one of those I greatly remember as well. I am now the mom of a new baby, but this time it's a son. And for the first time, I know the special connection between a mother and a son, like Bo has known the special connection between a father and his daughters. It's something more than just love. I can't describe it with words, but I know what I feel when I look in his eyes and he smiles at me. It's more precious than life itself. And, I am so blessed and thankful for all the wonderful reasons I celebrate this special day. It's the best feeling in the world to be a mom!!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks baby:) I love when you remind me of what a wonderful life we're living:) Thanks for sharing it with me...Happy Mother's Day

    ReplyDelete